Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter House Warming Gift



In my most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living they featured these adorable decorated glass jars filled with Easter treats (white chocolate bunnies and lambs, robin's eggs, M & M's etc). I loved the idea so much that I made some tonight as a gift for a special friend who invited us over for Easter dinner on Sunday. I was not able to find small white chocolate bunnies or lambs but I think the colored bunnies and chocolate bunny look just fine. I also made three tags for each jar and decorated the tops with patterned paper. I thought these would be a fun surprise instead of taking flowers or wine as a thank you for the invitation. I sure hope she likes them. I purchased the jars at World Market and then filled them with candy and chocolate bunnies. I did fill mine a bit more than they did in the magazine because of transporting them. I didn't want the bunnies to fall down or break on the way to their house. I do like them a little better with fewer goodies but they were too unstable without really filling in around the bunnies. Now I just need to make a card.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails