Friday, March 23, 2012

New Recipes Galore – Cheesy Chicken Casserole



Recently I have been on a new recipe bonanza. This week we made three new dinner recipes and I have made several new cupcake and dessert recipes too. The great news is that everything we have attempted has been a tasty success. Last night I made Cheesy Chicken Casserole from myrecipes.com. It was a real hit with the entire family. The only change I made to the recipe was adding season salt (I used Cajun) when I cooked the chicken. I liked the extra flavor the season salt added to the dish. The poppy seeds seemed like a strange addition to the recipe but it worked.

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
16-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
24-oz. container sour cream
2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
8-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
8-oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
2 tablespoons poppy seed

Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup and cheeses in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Mix together cracker crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle poppy seed over cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.


1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Oh, that sounds good! I'll have to try that out! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails