Friday, March 22, 2013

What A Day Owl Offering



I slipped downstairs tonight and created this owl card (actually 4 identical cards).  I was again playing around with My Mind's Eye - Indie Chic papers, stickers, stamps and garland.  The wood that the owl is stamped and embossed on is actually the inside of a wood frame that is also by My Mind's Eye.  I am working on utilizing the frames on other cards so this was a good opportunity to use the insides.  I am never sure what I am going to create when I sit down to make cards.  I just play with things until I like the end result.  In this case the card ended up being quite a bit different from where I mentally began.  That is the freedom I love about paper crafts.  There is no wrong turn when creating.  The end result is really your imagination manifested with scraps of paper, ink and embellishments.  With such structured days in the office I crave this mental release of creativity and even just 30 minutes of crafting helps me feel free again.

My Mind's Eye:  http://www.mymindseye.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails