Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Thrift Store Rubber Stamp Bargains Are Always Worth Looking For








I needed to stop at the Idaho Youth Ranch last week to work on a project unrelated to cards and rubber stamps.  But while I was there I zipped over to their craft section and found this Stampin' Up! set of 6 unused rubber stamps - Furnished With Love - for only $3.99 in their original case.  How could I pass up that kind of deal?  Since bringing home my bargain I have priced the same set on Etsy and eBay and the same set runs between $8.50 and $24.99 (not including shipping in some cases).  This was originally a Hostess set that you could have earned if you had hosted a Stampin' Up! party.  Since I do not host parties there is no way I would have been able to purchase this set at a party unless the hostess was selling one they had earned or the demonstrator had a used set that they were willing to sell.

What is great about this set is that it is a fantastic reminder that you can stamp relatively inexpensively if you keep your eyes open for bargains at thrift shops and even garage sales.  Often folks are donating stamps and supplies that are no longer needed or wanted and often just like this set I purchased these stamps were unused and in perfect condition.

I created these very quick cards tonight using limited supplies including clearance paper by Websters Pages from Craft Warehouse (.25 cents per 12 x 12 sheet on sale) and a large Bracket Punch I have from McGill which punches out 4 different brackets at one time.  Toss in a little distressing to the bottom layers and some pop dots to add a bit of height to the cards and this set of four whimsical cards is ready to give to friends and family without breaking the bank.        

1 comment:

Alpha Hytech Pte Ltd said...

Good blog thanks for sharing with us.
Rubber Stamp

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails