Monday, September 5, 2016

Little Women Gorjuss Collectable Stamps One, Six and Fourteen

 Little Red - No. 14

Ruby - No. 1

 I Found My Family In A Book - No. 6


For Mother's Day this year Alex started me out with four of the Gorjuss Mini Collectable Rubber Stamps.  They are much smaller than the original Gorjuss stamps that I have been creating with but are just as adorable and whimsical.  In total there are 20 mini stamps in the collection.  I have been adding to my collection (that Alex started for me in May) and recently added the last two.  I was also able to locate the collectors Stamp Folder and they are all neatly stored together now and easy to pull out and work with.  If only all of my art studio was as neatly organized as this one small set of stamps.

I am creating a set of cards using all 20 images.  Instead of coloring the images with my Copic Markers (as I have in the past with the larger Gorjuss stamps) I am leaving these Little Women almost completely without color except for a small highlight with my colored pencils.  I am also rubbing a little color with the pencils on the book pages behind the images.  The book pages are from a copy of the book Little Women that I found falling apart in a thrift shop.  Although I would not normally take apart a book this one was on it's last leg and this was a perfect way to re-purpose the pages that would probably only end up in the garbage.  I have seventeen more cards to create now in the set but am pleased with the simplicity of the first three.         

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails