Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes






Last weekend before making my way up to Cascade for our weekend of camping I stopped at Costco to pick up camping snacks for the kids. I quickly browsed the book isle to see if any books were calling my name. I made it past the romance titles, thrillers and even biographies. However, I did not make it past the cookbooks. There big and bold as life was Martha Stewart’s Cupcake Cookbook featuring 175 inspired ideas. How could I leave without it? While I was back at camp relaxing next to the lake I soaked up all the dreamy recipes and delectable pictures. I planned my baking for this weekend and scoured the valley for the perfect ingredients. Today is baking day (along with house cleaning – UGH). Although I love all the crazy decorating in my other cupcake cookbook what I was after were all the mouth watering recipes that this one contains. My first creation out of her cookbook has me on page # 104 under the Simple and Sweet chapter. Although I don’t think these are really cupcakes I decided since I had a plethora of Cream Cheese in the frig it was time to try her Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes. They are in the oven at this very moment. I love the simplicity of this recipe and hope they taste as good cooked as the batter did. These cupcakes (cheesecakes) are the perfect size for a party or even to take iced on a picnic. Who doesn’t love OREO’s!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails