Monday, February 1, 2010

Snoopy & Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist







Mariette and I recently took a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist mini album class at Archivers. I was a little nervous working with Glimmer Mist because the product is very wet when applied and also messy. The class really helped us both learn to work more comfortably with the mists to get the effect we were looking for without completely saturating our projects and ourselves. There are three keys I have learned while working with Glimmer Mist. The first is paper towels. You need lots and lots of paper towels. At home I have learned to let my paper towels dry and reuse them between projects. The second trick I used here at home was my heat gun. Each time I sprayed my paper I heated it on both sides and I was able to assemble my cards very quickly this way. Heating on both sides once sprayed also helped with curling. Once the heat was applied it would start to curl. Heating it on the other side straightened it back out. The third trick was laying my items under a heavy book to help with any warping of the paper. All four cards above were made using Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. I also used their screens and stamps. The focal stamp of Snoopy and His Side Kick is by Stampabilities. I could not resist purchasing the new stamp at Hobby Lobby on Friday with my 40% off coupon. It's not often you find motorcycle stamps. I think I might just be addicted to Glimmer Mists now that I have spent more time playing with them. Some of my favorite colors are Tiger Lilly, Coffee Shop, Olive Vine, Moonlight and Wheatfields. One last trick I learned was using my Cricut to create screens. The stars on the first card I created were cut on the Cricut and were then used as embellishments on the card. I have also created some background images for an album with the Glimmer Mists but I am not ready to unveil them until I add the pictures, paper and embellishments. Love the Glimmer Mist and Snoopy too!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails