Sunday, January 10, 2010

Accidental Flavor Discovery




I was making chocolate cupcakes for coffee hour on Saturday and finally got around to frosting them after 9:00 p.m. I pulled out all my ingredients and to my horror we were completely out of milk. I didn't want to go to the store for just milk so I improvised and used Coffee-mate Non Dairy Creamer in place of the milk. The only flavor I had on hand was Vanilla Chai Spice. I substituted both the vanilla and milk in the recipe and it tasted wonderful! I had not ever thought about using Coffee-Mate in recipes but when I looked up the Nestle site and sure enough they have recipes listed. Now I can make just about any flavor frosting without needing to purchase extracts and will not be limited to what I can find in the extract department. Coffee-mate has tons of wonderful flavors and seasonal flavors too. I also placed a small chocolate chip wedge on top of each cupcake for a little bling.

Coffee-Mate:
http://www.coffee-mate.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails