Sunday, January 29, 2012

Steampunk Halloween Cards








This afternoon I thought it would be fun to create some Steampunk Halloween inspired cards. Yes, I know it is almost Valentines Day. All I can say is I love Halloween and Valentines Day just does not make my crafting heart sing. I started by making custom slide mounts using black ink. Then I worked on making my own bottle cap embellishments. Never by bottle caps from a craft store. They are really expensive and you can get them very cheaply from a home beer brewing supply store in your area or on-line. I purchased several bags of them locally for next to nothing. I pound them on the top with my rubber mallet and then they are ready to work with. It only takes a matter of minutes to get a whole bunch of them pounded and ready to roll. I also created my own circles for the tops of my bottle caps. If you make your embellishments instead of buying them you can completely customize your cards in addition to saving a lot on the cost. Although the prep work of making the embellishments took a bit of time I think the results were worth the effort because these cards contain embellishments that no one else can purchase.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails