Friday, March 30, 2012

Housewarming Cards for Barbara






My friend Barbara just purchased a home in the quiet community of Star, Idaho. I wanted to put together an early housewarming gift that she could use in her new home. I purchased her a set of gardening gloves with three pairs in bright spring colors, four organic herb seed packets and tiny pots to sprout the seeds in. I also wanted to make a little something so the gift would have a personal touch.

I came up with the idea of making her a few custom cards. I drove by their new house a couple of weekends ago and snapped a couple of shots of the house from the front. I then changed the color of the snapshot on the computer and printed the image on card stock and whipped up four identical cards using different colors of paper. When Barbara opened the gift at lunch today she did a double take. At first she didn't realize it was her new house. It was pretty funny to give them to her and watch her as she all of a sudden recognized the house. I think the quick cards gave my gift just that little bit of warmness that makes a gift personal and special.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails