Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Studio Calico Card Making



I discovered Studio Calico by purchasing a daily deal from Plum District for one of their kits at a reduced price. I like to log on to Plum District a few times a week to see if they have any killer deals. Although a lot of the deals are geared to women and families with infants and toddlers I still find savings on beauty products, crafting and jewelry that I take advantage of from time to time. 50% off always tastes so good!


Plum District: http://www.plumdistrict.com


Studio Calico: http://www.studiocalico.com  

Studio Calico creates monthly kits filled with products from a variety of manufacturers, coordinated for ease-of-use by both the advanced and novice scrapbookers. Although I really try to avoid scrapbooking I love kits for card making.

The kit I purchased was the Country Fair Kit. The kit contains:

Country Fair Kit: http://www.studiocalico.com/kits/county-fair  



Cardstock

Powder (American Crafts)

Dandelion (American Crafts)

Vanilla (American Crafts)

Black (American Crafts)

Patterned Paper

Alphabet Soup (Studio Calico)

Stagecoach (October Afternoon)

Handpicked (Crate Paper)

School Dress (Jenni Bowlin)

Sunny Day (American Crafts)

Wallpaper (Crate Paper)

Milk (Jillibean Soup)

Rain Check (Pebbles)

Embellishments:

Wooden Buttons (Basic Grey)

Picadilly Chipboard Sheet (Basic Grey)

Black Washi Tape (American Crafts)

Yellow Doilies (Jenni Bowlin Studio)

Wood Veneer Alpha (Studio Calico)

Mini Market Stickers - Gray (October Afternoon)

Border Stamp - Vertical Numbers (Studio Calico + Hero Arts)

Star Ticket (vintage)

I thought the papers were kind of crazy and I was not sure what to make with the kit but once I paired the kit with some of my Stampin’ Up! stamps I think they worked very nicely together. My two favorite items were the Wooden Buttons from Basic Grey and the Plastic Doily Flowers from Jenni Bowlin Studio. I still need to play with the remainder of the items from the kit but I think the cards I created were fun and fresh. In addition Pastor John caught me after church on Sunday and told me that he was almost out of hand made cards. Looks like he and I both need a new stash of cards. I made four last night. Two for Pastor John and two for me. Considering I started making cards at 9:30 p.m. (a very late start) getting four cards made before going to bed was not too shabby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails