Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tucking Pictures Into Card Designs


Both of these Halloween inspired cards have pictures as part of the background that I have tucked into the design.  Both pictures are of headstones at cemeteries.  I changed the format of the pictures to black and white from color so they would be more subtle.  I think they add some interesting visual texture to the cards without giving you the creeps.  It is not completely obvious what the pictures are of because they are not the focal point of the cards.  

During a conversation recently I realized that I visit cemeteries quite often.  It happens a lot because of Letterboxing (cemetery planted boxes).  I am fascinated by the historic headstones and iron work and almost always take pictures of headstones and ornate iron fencing that I find interesting, beautiful or unusual.  I have been planning for quite some time to add some of these headstone pictures to cards and am finally creating some.  I know it may seem peculiar to create Halloween cards a few weeks before Christmas but this is my first opportunity to play and I am taking advantage of it.  Happy belated Halloween!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails