Fox Valley Foodie's Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts. How can you beat 4 ingredients, 4 servings and about 40 minutes to prepare. I only made two small tweaks to this recipe. I added a bit of freshly ground pepper and salt to both sides of the breasts before searing them on the stove. And I also spread extra pesto on the tops before cooking. The container I purchased was 7 ounces vs. the 1/2 cup (4 ounces) the recipe calls for. Simple and delicious!
Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Pesto (I used 7 ounces total)
- ½ cup crumbled Feta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to skillet, salt and pepper chicken on both sides. Sear chicken breasts on medium high heat until the bottom is nicely browned then flip and repeat.
- Remove from skillet and let rest till cool enough to handle, the inside should still be raw.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut a 2" slit into the side of the chicken breast and use your fingers to open a pocket inside the center of the breasts. Be careful not to tear a hole through.
- Mix the pesto and feta together in a small bowl and then fill the chicken breast cavities with the filling.
- Use toothpicks to close the hole opening so filling does not leak out during baking.
- Rub any remaining mixture on the exterior of the breasts.
- Bake in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 25 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.