Monday, February 11, 2008

Wing It

Stampin’ Up! has changed from one catalog each calendar year to two catalogs. Once they are ready to make the switch in catalogs they send out an e-mail with a list of discontinued stamp sets and you usually only have a month at most to agonize over which sets you absolutely must have before they disappear forever. The only hope after they are gone is finding a used set through a demonstrator or maybe on E-Bay. Now that they are making the change so quickly I was totally distressed in January to realize that I had missed the cut off to order sets from the 2007 Fall-Winter catalog. Fortunately my Demonstrator, Christine, caught me up to speed quickly and was able to track down a discontinued set that I could not live without. Yes, were talking big drama here. HA! HA! The set I wanted out of the 2007 catalog (hard to pick just one) was on page 126 and it was called Wing It (109471). It is just a small set of six stamps but I loved the wings that were in the set. I can see using them for a huge variety of projects including with pictures. Tonight I broke open my new set (since they were used I really scored because they were already mounted) and made my first card with them. I already have some paper picked out for the next design but I thought this card turned out pretty cute. I just love the wings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails