Saturday, October 23, 2010

Holidays Card Workshop by Hero Arts





Today I attended Archiver's Holidays Card Workshop by Hero Arts with my friend Amanda. I must admit that I was pretty under the weather from our letterboxing event at Linder Farms last night. My head was killing me and I was so stuffed up and tired from all the dust at the farm. I have been suffering with my sinuses since last night. I was not sure I would be able to craft with my head hurting so badly but I managed to finish all four cards during the two hour workshop. As an added bonus Angie was teaching the class. Angie is the wife of a former co-worker from Hubble Homes. They are such a wonderful family and it was great to catch up with her a little while she was helping everyone with their cards. We had a really nice lunch at the Macaroni Grill before the class. Why is their fresh bread so mouth watering?

I do not usually make a lot of holiday cards because of the quantity needed. If I make more than 4 of any one card I completely lose interest in the project. The classes at Archivers are usually priced right and I really enjoy using new products at the classes. Today's cards involved a lot of embossing. This technique is one I use quite often but I did get to try some chunky Roman Gold embossing powder by Ranger that I have not used before.

The stamps in the class were all from Hero Arts. They have a lot of great images and variety. As a company I really like Hero Arts stamps. Today we used Hanging Christmas Ornaments, Joy to All, Merry Christmas Trees, Sending Holiday Cheer and Starry Night. We also used the Paper Company Shimmer Cardstock for all of the cards.

I will admit that I was thankful that they were not playing Christmas music in the store today. I am not ready to celebrate the holidays quite yet but was willing to dabble a little for the sake of card making and creativity.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails