Monday, February 7, 2011

Life is a Matter of Moment's Cards




I wanted to make some cards for my prayer partners, the church members that were in my small group that just ended and for a friend of mine who lives in Alaska. I pulled out my Elements of Style Stampin' Up! stamp set and went to work on creating 6 cards tonight (two of each color background). I did a lot of distressing on the cards with my Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I also embossed the birds and flowers. The finishing touch was a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist over the tops of all of the cards. I selected different colors for each. I also decided to go wild with the envelopes and I used the Smooch Spritz that Anthony purchased for me recently. I was not sure how it compared to the Glimmer Mist but once I sprayed the Gingersnap color on the cards I could see the variations in the color and the richness of the depth of the color. The color appears to be a lot more concentrated than the Glimmer Mist and the container is much smaller so a little goes a long way.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails