Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Using Rubber Stamps for All Seasons


I received this incredibly cute set of stamps for Christmas from Alex.  It is a 2013 set from Hero Arts called “Howl are You”.  Alex purchased the set from Archivers but it is also available on the Hero Arts web site.  At first glance this set of stamps screams valentines and summer because of the hearts and flowers.  The sentiments are great for general, birthday and love.  But I am thinking beyond the actual sentiments to how this set of stamps can be used for all seasons.  With just a tweak of papers and embellishments these cute owls (with or without the flowers and sentiments) can be used for any occasion or season.  I decided to test this theory myself by creating one card for each season (spring, summer, winter and fall) using the large and small owls individually.  I think it is important to get as much mileage out of your stamps as you can (especially if you are new to crafting or are pinching pennies) so looking at all the options is important.  I will be posting my spring, summer, winter and fall card creations tonight.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails