Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cards for my Friend Flin










Some friendships stand the test of time.  My friend Flensea has been in my life since my move to Kettle Falls, Washington with my mother in the early 1980's.  The pictures above of "Flin" and I were taken in 1994-1995'ish right after I graduated from high school.  Flensea was behind me in school but we lived close to one and other on the same side of the river (in the middle of nowhere) before I moved to Spokane after graduation.

Flin and I have kept in touch all these years and I talked with her last week.  She lives in Alaska and is a single mother of two.  She lives a very humble life (no computer, car, smart phone or Kindle) and has exceptionally strong faith.  Flin does not do card art and I know she could use some Christian inspired cards.  Tonight I made eight cards for her (2 of each design).  I picked paper that is considerably more bold than what you might find in the card selection of your favorite Christian Book Store.  I wanted Flin to be able to use the cards for men or women as needed.  I created the cards using the same layout for all 8 changing the papers, stamps and embellishments slightly.  Now it's time to wrap them up and get them into the mail. 

Paper:  Authentique - Celebrate Collection
Verse Stamps:  Stamps of Life
Misc. Stamps:  Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Versa Fine - Onyx Black   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails