Sunday, January 3, 2016

Frightful Ephemera Halloween Themed Cards





I received a package of Tim Holtz idea-ology Frightful Ephemera in October from a co-worker via inner office mail.  What fun!  If only all my inner office mail was filled with such goodies.  What I really appreciate is the thoughtfulness because you know when someone really gets you.

The bottom two cards I created in November 2015 and today is my first time back in my art studio and I picked up where I had left off creating the final two cards of the set.  What is unique here is these cards are considered to be a different point of view.  I selected one stamp from Graphic 45 (the Witches Brew Stamp) to feature on each of the four cards.  Although I used papers from My Mind's Eye, Authentique and Graphic 45 each of the cards prominently features the Frightful Ephemera images and the stamped and embossed bottle of witches brew.  Each of these cards actually has quite a bit of depth as the items are layered with double sided mounting tape.  The depth does not always show up on the scanned cards but in person you can really see the layers stand out.  I love the challenge of taking limited stamps or embellishments and playing with them to see what I can create.      

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails