Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bold Humming Bird Card


Last Saturday was the final day for a local craft store to be open.  Almost the entire store was on sale with deals too good to pass up.  Naturally I hit the Halloween section more than once but when I made my final purchase the register spit out a $20 off coupon to spend in the store.  Since this was their last day and I didn’t want to drive to their store in Twin Falls to redeem my coupon I combed the isles and picked up several paper packs and a couple of stamps all at 60% off.  In addition to the$20 being a wonderful surprise it was really like receiving over $40 because everything I purchased as on sale.  One of the paper packs I selected was the Andrea Victoria Paper Kit from My Minds Eye.  I played with the paper tonight and came up with this bright and bold card. In total I made four cards.  Two like this one and two that the humming bird is stamped on slightly different paper.  The hummingbird is from Inkadinkado.  The tiny flowers that I stamped around the hummingbird are from Stampin’ Up!  I actually worked on the cards after carving another stamp and finishing a set of LTC’s.  I am in high mode carving and creating right now with Letterboxing season upon me.  I will be in this mode for a considerable amount of time with all that is happening on my letterboxing plate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails