Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies



I picked up a couple cans of Libby's Pumpkin Puree yesterday at the grocery store to have on hand just in case the baking bug bit me late in the afternoon.  It was not until around 7:00 p.m. that it struck and thankfully the pumpkin was waiting for me in the pantry.  I discovered this very tasty delightful pumpkin flavored recipe via Yummly by Baked By Rachel.  It's a fall spin on a classic cookie that I have been baking for years and years.  The recipe yields approximately 3 to 4 dozen cookies.  I made mine a bit larger than it called for so I ended up with a little over 2 dozen.  I had to head to the airport so it was necessary for me to limit my actual baking time in the oven thus the larger cookies. I also rolled my cookies in orange Halloween sugar sprinkles to match the holiday season.  

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
  • 1 Cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 Cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping:
  • 1/4C granulated sugar
  • 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon

In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Mix until barely combined.

In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the batter, continuing to mix until there are no streaks.

If your dough is overly sticky, dough may be chilled at this point for an hour or longer until ready to proceed. Chilled dough can often be much easier to work with.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Shape slightly larger than tablespoon sized balls of dough and roll in topping mixture. Space cookies 2" apart on cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

Remaining dough can be chilled for up to a week or frozen for several months. Always remember to label remaining dough well with name and instructions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails