Saturday, April 23, 2016

Topiary Trees Three Simple Cards





Sometimes you need cards that are simply stated and almost under embellished.  Such is the case with this set of three cards.  Anthony needed a sympathy card for a co-worker who lost their father last week.  I didn't want the card to be masculine or feminine but rather soothing and neutral.  My Topiary Trees stamp from Judi Kins came to mind and offered just the look and feel I was hoping for.  I only added a bit of color and depth to each of the three cards by stamping a second image of one of the trees and mounting it with double sided mounting tape so that it would stand out just enough.  There is a little green ribbon in the background but otherwise I kept it clean and simple.

Instead of creating just one card I made three - each with a different sentiment.  Each of the three  sentiments is from Hero Arts - "With Caring Thoughts," With Deepest Sympathy," and "Make Every Day One to Remember."  The paper I used is from My Minds Eye - Lost and Found.  This is some of the discounted paper I purchased last year from Craft Warehouse for .25 cents a sheet.  Although you can tell by the design layout of the paper that they really intended the paper to be utilized for 12 x 12 scrapbook pages.  However, it still transforms nicely for the creation of cards with just enough texture to add a little visual interest without overpowering the simple design.

Topiary Trees:  Judi Kins
Sentiment Stamps:  Hero Arts
Ribbon:  Offray
Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Ink:  VersaFine - Onyx Blaxk 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails