Wednesday, May 4, 2016

You're Pretty Awesome Mother's Day Cards








I wanted to make some cards that had a softness but were not ultra feminine with more of an outdoorsy feel to them.  I felt like my old set of In Full Bloom stamps from Stampin' Up! were just what I was looking for.  It was interesting that when I opened the container that I had actually placed Stampin' Up!'s idea page under the stamps for reference.  I am never able to copy others art but I do find it fascinating to see what someone else may have created.  I made my cards and then looked at the saved idea page once they were completed.  It's amazing how different my cards turned out from theirs.  You can see the comparison above up close if you click on the picture to enlarge it.

I made two very similar cards but utilized different stamps from the set and turned the layout direction of the background.  I also added an additional patterned paper to one of the two cards.  The trimming of the edges of the stamped and embossed images was the most time consuming element of the creation of the cards.  A true labor of love when you give up that much time for someone else.  For those that make cards you know exactly what I am talking about.

With older retired stamp sets I have found Ebay to be a great resource to track down what I am looking for.  I have had this set since 2004 so finding it used is your best option.  Or if you are local I am always happy to loan mine out for your creative needs.  I do not currently have a Stampin' Up! representative but you can easily locate one locally too.  Sometimes they can help locate a retired used set for you to purchase.  Never a bad resource to know folks in the industry. 

In Full Bloom Stamps: Stampin' Up!
You're Pretty Awesome Stamp:  Stampabilities
Paper:  Club Scrap, Around the Block, Bo Bunny and My Mind's Eye
Ink:  VersaFine - Vintage Sepia
Embossing Powder:  Hampton Art - Clear & Zing - Chestnut
Stickles:  Vintage Photo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails