Saturday, February 20, 2010

Artistic Outpost - Adventure




I finally made my escape from the kitchen tonight around 8:30 p.m. and zipped down to my craft room with the Pei's behind me. I purchased a set of unmounted rubber stamps from Artistic Outpost called "Adventure". Although I have never really played with unmounted rubber and it took me forever to decide that clear stamps were "okay" I loved the dog images and just had to have the set. I will admit to being a wood mounted rubber stamp purist for most of my crafting life. I relish the look, feel and nostalgia of the wood mounted stamps. To me they are a piece of art all in themselves. But I had to come to terms with the fact that I enjoy having new images to challenge my creativity and if you are going to go wild with wanting new stamps all the time you can't beat clear stamps and unmounted rubber to stretch your crafting dollars further. Tonight I made the cards above using my new set of stamps and the same color combinations of each design. I think the dog in the car with the compass is my favorite image. It reminds me of being on the road with Raisin and Jay. I also used a couple of small stamps from my Dog's Life set by Inkadinkado the the large Tattered Angels Compass which is also a clear stamp.


www.inkadinkado.com
www.mytatteredangels.com
www.artisticoutpost.com





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails