Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Little Sleepy Owl - Two Different Backgrounds



Although I scanned these cards a little off kilter tonight I think they are an interesting example of what a difference your selection of back ground paper can make. The layout and concept is identical framing the owl to appear he is sitting in the moon. However, the papers used were from the exact same packet of papers and yet the card with the black circles is significantly more striking than the striped paper. In addition I was able to carry the circle theme throughout the entire card with the design in the owl and the ribbon I attached. The circles really brought together the card in a completely different way. The stripes almost seem dull in comparison. The cute little Sleepy Owl is from Inkadinkado. I think Inkadinkado is such a fun word to say. It just makes you happy to say it. The papers used for both cards are the Andrea Victoria Paper Kit from My Mind’s Eye. I made 4 cards tonight (2 of each design). Two cards for Pastor John and two cards for me. I still have more sheets of double sided patterned paper from my paper packs so this is not the last you will be seeing of these papers.


Inkadinkado - http://inkadinkado.eksuccessbrands.com  


Andrea Victoria Paper Kit from My Mind’s Eye-http://www.mymindseye.com/AndreaVictoria.asp 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails