Thursday, July 25, 2013

My New Old Typewriter from Fray




This past weekend Anthony and I were in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho for a Little League Baseball Tournament that Anthony volunteered to umpire for. While we were there we stumbled upon a great antique store in Mid Town called Fray (antique’s and vintage goods). 811 North Fourth Street.

Fray on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fray/123775944446861

“FRAY is an eclectic mix of new, old, re-purposed and up-cycled furniture, clothing, art and decor. We are dedicated to supporting a creative lifestyle and consumerism. Offering a place to gather, participate in creative workshops, and be inspired.”

While we were meandering through the store I found this wonderful typewriter key bracelet. I fell in love with it immediately and have worn it ever day since picking it out.

Before we left the store Anthony spotted an antique typewriter with a case. He knew that I had been looking for one and most that I have seen have been the large black metal models from the 1930’s and earlier for $150+. Since I was after the actual type that it would produce and not the typewriter as a display piece it has been a long search to find one that would work for my crafting needs at a reasonable price. Low and behold Anthony found the perfect little metal typewriter for me. It is small, compact and works beautifully. The storage case is a great bonus when I am not using it. I will need to order some ribbon for it but aside from that it is just wonderful. I am really excited to start adding actual typed wording to my cards and crafting projects. Computer fonts are fine but nothing beats the imprint of actual type from an imperfect typewriter. Watch for new creations soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails