Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Christmas Carol Card with Gift Tie Embellishment






Christmas cards in January?  If you work full-time like I do then yes it is Christmas in January at the Dally household.  I can take my time creating cards for Christmas 2016 now instead of trying to make cards that are rushed (or I may never get to) in December.  I picked up a small Graphic 45 (Hampton Art) Christmas Carol 6 x 6 paper pad and 2 sets of Christmas Carol (1 & 3) cling mount stamps in November to create with.  And there they all sat in my craft room until this week.  I also purchased two sets of small wooden gift ties with the plans of using them on cards vs. on gifts.  Usually when you purchase wooden embellishments they are plain wood and unpainted or treated.  With these two sets (aside from the Christmas tree) they are all already decorated with either paint or glitter.  A total bonus!  They were inexpensive and each small box contains 24 gift ties which I can use without or without the bakers twine in place.  A complete steal in my book.

The above card is my first card creation utilizing the stamps, paper and gift ties.  Since the paper pad is small I may need to see if I can track down a 12 x 12 pad or individual sheets of card stock so I can work on a whole collection of cards utilizing the coordinating papers, stamps and gift ties.  More cards to come soon.  Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails