Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vintage Valentine Card Workshop at Archiver's







Last Thursday night Mariette and I made it to the Vintage Valentine Card Workshop at Archiver's. The classes are always inexpensive ($20 or under) and I really enjoy using all the new toys. I will admit these cards were a bit more complicated than most cards classes I have been to at Archiver's. We had our noses to the grind stone and powered through all four but many people did not complete all four before the store closed. It took us 3 hours to make all four cards. Normally I can make 4 cards in one hour without skimping on embellishments.

I do really love these cards because they are wonderfully distressed and they are like mini works of art. I may have a hard time giving them away until I can make some of my own using the new tools and techniques I learned. I tend to love to buy stamps and embellishments but always find myself coming up short on tools. So I zipped over to the tool section and picked up three of the new tools we used during the class without even glancing at the stamps.

My favorite tools of the night were the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, The Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (very small miniature staples) and the Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool by Ranger. Now everything I create will be distressed and stapled. I tend to be a bot of an attachment freak never wanting my cards to fall apart. Thus my love for brads and staples. Oh, how I love new toys!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails